Health & Wellness
The mission of the Health and Wellness Grants Committee is to provide support for programs and initiatives which focus on the health and wellness of the citizens of Muskogee. Priority consideration will focus on the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan, Elimination of generational poverty, and collaborative approaches to teen pregnancy prevention.
Types of Funding:
Consideration will be given for multiple types of funding designed to meet the priority considerations of this committee.
Priority consideration will be given to programs, projects and initiatives that relate to:
1. tobacco prevention;
2. obesity reduction through increased physical activity and better nutrition;
3. children's health, including child abuse prevention;
4. elimination of generational poverty;
5. teen pregnancy prevention;
6. physical, mental and emotional needs of at-risk populations;
7. quality health programs working in collaboration with other successful or established programs.
Acquiring funding in future years will be contingent upon measured outcomes and other information as evidenced in the evaluation reports. All multi-year grants will be contingent upon measured outcomes that meet or exceed expectations.
Dr. Tracy Hoos, Health & Wellness Committee Chair