The mission of the Economic Development Committee is to provide support for programs and initiatives that enhance and increase innovation, productivity, growth and prosperity for Muskogee.
Types of Funding
Consideration will be given for multiple types of funding such as capital, incentives and infrastructure.
Priority consideration will be given to programs, projects and initatives that relate to:
1. quality job creation, retention and higher wages;
2. long-term capital and infrastructure investments;
Acquiring funding in future years will be contingent upon measured outcomes and other qualitative information as evidenced in the evaluation reports. All multi-year grants will be contingent upon measured outcomes that meet or exceed expectations.
Budget Forms & Instructions
Deadlines for 2020
Summer Program Grants
Program or project must occur primarily during the summer months to qualify for the Summer Grant Process.
– Letter of Inquiry available July 1, 2019
– Letter of Inquiry due September 13, 2019
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due November 29, 2019
– Grant decisions – March 23, 2020 City of Muskogee Foundation Board Meeting
– Grant funds distributed – April 2020 (pending Grant Agreement)
Summer 2020 Final Reports are due Friday, September 25, 2020
Deadlines for 2020
– Letter of Inquiry available January 1, 2020
– Letter of Inquiry due February 13, 2020
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due April 22, 2020
– Grant decisions – June 22, 2020 City of Muskogee Foundation Board meeting.
– Grant funds distributed – July 2020 – June 2021 (pending Grant Agreement).
– Interim Reports due January 31, 2021
– Final Reports due August 31, 2021.
Step 1 – Letter of Inquiry
The entire grant process will be coordinated electronically beginning with the Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The LOI gathers basic information about the applicant, a short description of the purpose of the program or project, and amount requested. This part of the application should be compelling enough to capture the attention of the grant committee while being brief and clear. If accepted by the grants committees, the applicant will be notified via e-mail with a link to access the full grant application.
Step 2 – Grant application
Following the approval of the letter of inquiry, the applicant will be sent a link via e-mail to access the grant application for their designated focus area (economic development, education and empowerment, health and wellness, quality of life). The formal application process is also coordinated electronically allowing the applicant to complete the actual application and attach all required documents.
Please contact the City of Muskogee Foundation at 918-577-6562 with any questions regarding the letter of inquiry and application or if you have questions about the electronic process.