The mission of the Education & Empowerment Grants Committee is to enhance foundational learning in our community by funding educational experiences that are responsive to changing community needs and maximize the learning potential of every resident from pre-K through career, preparing them to succeed in the 21st century.
Types of Funding
Consideration will be given for multiple types of funding designed to meet the priority considerations of this committee.
Priority consideration for the next five years will be given to 6th-8th grade programs that encourage personal and leadership development skills that lead to high school success and graduation, as well as school programs that encourage the integration of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Priority consideration will also be given to programs that support parental involvement in early childhood education.
Funding in future years will be contingent upon measured outcomes as evidenced in the evaluation report. All multi-year grants will be contingent upon measured outcomes that meet or exceed expectations.
Deadlines for 2022
Summer Program Grants
Program or project must occur primarily during the summer months to qualify for the Summer Grant Process.
– Grant Applications available September 1, 2021
– Grant Application due October 15, 2021
– Grant decisions – December 20, 2021 City of Muskogee Foundation Board Meeting
– Grant funds distributed – April 2022 (pending Grant Agreement)
– Final Reports due August 31, 2022
Deadlines for the 2022
– Letter of Inquiry available January 1, 2022
– Letter of Inquiry due February 10, 2022
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due April 20, 2022
– Grant decisions – June 27, 2022 City of Muskogee Foundation Board meeting.
– Grant funds distributed – July 2022 – June 2023 (pending Grant Agreement).
– Interim Reports due January 31, 2023
– Final Reports due August 31, 2023
Step 1 – Letter of Inquiry
The entire grant process will be coordinated electronically beginning with the Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The LOI gathers basic information about the applicant, a short description of the purpose of the program or project, and amount requested. This part of the application should be compelling enough to capture the attention of the grant committee while being brief and clear. If accepted by the grants committees, the applicant will be notified via e-mail with a link to access the full grant application.
Step 2 – Grant application
Following the approval of the letter of inquiry, the applicant will be sent a link via e-mail to access the grant application for their designated focus area (economic development, education and empowerment, health and wellness, quality of life). The formal application process is also coordinated electronically allowing the applicant to complete the actual application and attach all required documents.
Please contact the City of Muskogee Foundation at 918-577-6562 with any questions regarding the letter of inquiry and application or if you have questions about the electronic process.