The mission of the Health and Wellness Grants Committee is to provide support for programs and initiatives which focus on the health and wellness of the citizens of Muskogee. Priority consideration will focus on the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan, Elimination of generational poverty, and collaborative approaches to teen pregnancy prevention..
Types of Funding
Consideration will be given for multiple types of funding designed to meet the priority considerations of this committee.
Priority consideration will be given to programs, projects and initiatives that relate to:
1. tobacco prevention;
2. obesity reduction through increased physical activity and better nutrition;
3. children’s health, including child abuse prevention;
4. elimination of generational poverty;
5. teen pregnancy prevention;
6. physical, mental and emotional needs of at-risk populations;
7. quality health programs working in collaboration with other successful or established programs.
Acquiring funding in future years will be contingent upon measured outcomes and other information as evidenced in the evaluation reports. All multi-year grants will be contingent upon measured outcomes that meet or exceed expectations.
Budget Forms & Instructions
Deadlines for the 2018
– Interim Reports due January 31, 2019
– Final Reports due August 31, 2019
Deadlines for the 2019
– Letter of Inquiry available January 1, 2019
– Letter of Inquiry due February 14, 2019
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due April 24, 2019
– Grant decisions – June 24, 2019 City of Muskogee Foundation Board meeting.
– Grant funds distributed – July 2019 – June 2020 (pending Grant Agreement).
– Interim Reports due January 31, 2020
– Final Reports due August 31, 2020.
Deadlines for 2019
Summer Program Grants
Program or project must occur primarily during the summer months to qualify for the Summer Grant Process.
– Letter of Inquiry available July 1, 2018
– Letter of Inquiry due September 15, 2017
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due December 1, 2017
– Grant decisions – March 26, 2018 City of Muskogee Foundation Board Meeting
– Grant funds distributed – April 2018 (pending Grant Agreement)
Step 1 – Letter of Inquiry
The entire grant process will be coordinated electronically beginning with the Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The LOI gathers basic information about the applicant, a short description of the purpose of the program or project, and amount requested. This part of the application should be compelling enough to capture the attention of the grant committee while being brief and clear. If accepted by the grants committees, the applicant will be notified via e-mail with a link to access the full grant application.
Step 2 – Grant application
Following the approval of the letter of inquiry, the applicant will be sent a link via e-mail to access the grant application for their designated focus area (economic development, education and empowerment, health and wellness, quality of life). The formal application process is also coordinated electronically allowing the applicant to complete the actual application and attach all required documents.
Please contact the City of Muskogee Foundation at 918-577-6562 with any questions regarding the letter of inquiry and application or if you have questions about the electronic process.