The mission of the Quality of Life Grants Committee is to provide support for programs and initiatives that improve and develop opportunities to enhance “live, work and play” for residents and guests of the Muskogee community.
Types of Funding
Consideration will be given for multiple types of funding designed to meet the priority considerations of this committee.
Priority consideration will be given to programs, projects and initiatives that relate to:
1. Entertainment, arts and culture;
2. Safety and seurity;
3. Beautification and preservation;
4. Collaborative efforts and priorities as identified by the Action In Muskogee (AIM) initiative and the City of Muskogee (i.e., downtown development).
Acquiring funding in future years will be based on measured outcomes and other information as evidenced in the evaluation reports. All multi-year grants will be contingent upon measured outcomes that meet or exceed expectations.
Deadlines for 2021
Summer Program Grants
Program or project must occur primarily during the summer months to qualify for the Summer Grant Process.
– Letter of Inquiry available July 1, 2020
– Letter of Inquiry due September 18, 2020
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due November 27, 2020
– Grant decisions – March 22, 2021 City of Muskogee Foundation Board Meeting
– Grant funds distributed – April 2021 (pending Grant Agreement)
– Final Reports due September 24, 2021
Deadlines for the 2021
– Letter of Inquiry available January 1, 2021
– Letter of Inquiry due February 11, 2021
– Application (requires Foundation invitation) due April 21, 2021
– Grant decisions – June 21, 2021 City of Muskogee Foundation Board meeting.
– Grant funds distributed – July 2021 – June 2022 (pending Grant Agreement).
– Interim Reports due January 31, 2022
– Final Reports due August 31, 2022
Step 1 – Letter of Inquiry
The entire grant process will be coordinated electronically beginning with the Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The LOI gathers basic information about the applicant, a short description of the purpose of the program or project, and amount requested. This part of the application should be compelling enough to capture the attention of the grant committee while being brief and clear. If accepted by the grants committees, the applicant will be notified via e-mail with a link to access the full grant application.
Step 2 – Grant application
Following the approval of the letter of inquiry, the applicant will be sent a link via e-mail to access the grant application for their designated focus area (economic development, education and empowerment, health and wellness, quality of life). The formal application process is also coordinated electronically allowing the applicant to complete the actual application and attach all required documents.
Please contact the City of Muskogee Foundation at 918-577-6562 with any questions regarding the letter of inquiry and application or if you have questions about the electronic process.